Baked sweet potato fries. Give your favorite fries a healthy twist with this amazingly delicious baked crispy goodness made with sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with flavorful seasonings to create the ultimate snack.
To be honest, I’m a huge fan of deep fried French fries. But when I want to make a healthy version of my favorite fries, I turn to these baked sweet potato fries. So vibrant and healthy, these are baked in the oven to reduce your calorie intake. Ok, let me walk through every detail of making the best crispy fries.
Start with peeling and chopping the sweet potatoes into thin sticks. When done, toss them in salt, pepper, a little corn flour (cornstarch) and a splash of oil. Make sure all the sweet potato sticks are coated in the corn flour. Next up, arrange them in a (or two) baking tray in a single layer. And finally, transfer them to preheated oven to make super crispy fries.
Now, here are a few tips to make the crispiest baked sweet potato fries. Make sure you cut the sweet potatoes into thin sticks. Corn flour or cornstarch added to the fries plays an important role in creating that super crispy crust. Another important factor that affects the crispness of the fries is oven temperature. Bake them at a high temperature for better results.
Super easy to make and amazingly healthy sweet potato fries made just for you!
More sweet potato recipes:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 C / 425 F. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place sweet potato sticks on a baking tray. Add cornflour (cornstarch) and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Arrange sweet potato sticks in single in the baking trays. Transfer to oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning like chat masala, sumac or a mixture of paprika and cayenne pepper.
Amount Per Serving Calories 89Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 85mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 1g