Eggless lemon cake. This indulgent cake is bursting with fresh lemon flavor and contain no eggs. The perfect sweet treat to satisfy your taste buds.
We all know that lemon makes an incredibly delicious addition to desserts. And one of my favorite lemon desserts is cake loaded with the freshness and aroma of this beautiful golden fruit. If you’re after an eggless version of my favorite lemon cake, you’re at the right place.
Yes, you heard me right. You can make beautiful, soft, moist and delicious cake without any eggs. Of course, you’ll need a customized recipe and an egg substitute to create the perfect eggless lemon cake. As you know, there are many ways to do this. And today, I’m going to incorporate a little yogurt into the batter to replace the eggs.
Well, not all yogurts are perfect for this recipe, you’ll need to get the thickest yogurt (preferably Greek yogurt) available. Some yogurts do contain a high quantity of water in them which will make the cake soggy and dense. Again, stir all the ingredients as gentle as possible. No overmixing.
So here’s your weekend project: Grate and squeeze the beautiful lemons, sift flour and enjoy this delicious cake with afternoon tea.
More eggless cake recipes:
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 125 g butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (caster sugar)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose (plain) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 125 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F. Grease and line a 6 cm deep, 19cm x 10cm loaf pan.
- Place yogurt, butter, sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into the bowl. Add lemon juice. Gently stir to combine.
- Add half the milk to flour mixture. Gently stir to combine. Fold in remaining milk.Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Stand in pan for 19 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 209Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 36mgSodium 260mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 2g