Coriander lemon soup. This classic comfort food owes its deliciousness to the flavorful combination of fresh lemon juice and coriander (cilantro) leaves. Made with fresh ingredients, it boasts big flavor in small package. You’ll definitely want to add this to your weekly winter menu.
The best thing about soups is their surprising effect to keep you warm on a cold winter day. Not to mention the undeniable customization feature that enables us to whip up delicious soup with ingredients we already have on hand. And in this case, fresh produce from my garden.
This is the absolute easiest soup you can make even on a busy day. Again, it highlights the nutrition and flavors of the two key ingredients- coriander leaves and fresh lemon juice. No wonder this soup is well known as an immune booster.
Apart from lemon and coriander, you’ll also need other elements to amp up the flavor of this soup. Make sure you use only fresh ingredients to create the ultimate flavorful soup.
Start with frying up some finely chopped fresh garlic and ginger. Remember to use only fresh ingredients in this recipe. You’ll also need to sauté some chopped onions until they are soft and translucent. I also love to add some fresh green chilies for a lovely spice kick. You can add more or less chilies depending on the amount of heat you want.
Next up, add in chopped veggies. Finely chopped cabbage and carrots taste amazing in this recipe, but you can add your favorites like sweet corn or cauliflower. Give this a quick stir fry. Once the veggies are soft and tender, add vegetable stock and lemon juice. You’ll also need to make a slurry with corn flour and water, and stir it into this coriander lemon soup. Simmer this mixture for about 3-4 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
Add a handful of chopped coriander leaves, and wait until it wilts. Finally, check the seasoning and add more salt if needed. Transfer the soup to serving bowls. Garnish with more coriander leaves and green chilies if you like.
This highly nutritious coriander lemon soup is undoubtedly loaded with super healthy ingredients and is the best way to warm up your soul.
More lemon recipes:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1” fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 small green chilies, chopped (add more if you like)
- 1 cup finely chopped vegetables (cabbage and carrot)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoon corn flour (cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon water
- A handful of chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
- Green chilies, to garnish (optional)
- Chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves, to garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine together corn flour and water to make corn flour slurry. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic. Sauté, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add onions and green chilies. Sauté, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add vegetables. Sauté, stirring, for 1 minute or until tender. Pour in vegetable stock. Add lemon juice. Stir in corn flour slurry. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add coriander (cilantro) leaves. Cook for 1 minute or until the leaves are wilted. Check seasoning. Add more salt if needed.
- Transfer soup to serving bowls. Garnish with green chilies and coriander (cilantro) leaves if you like.Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 71Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 346mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 2g