Bruschetta pasta. Infused with the classic flavors of tomatoes, basil leaves and parmesan, this pasta recipe is an easy weeknight meal. The magical combination of simple flavors make this dish incredibly delicious.
Do you love the vibrant fresh flavor of tomatoes? Well, I do. So, how about perfectly cooked pasta tossed with the fresh flavors of tomatoes alongside basil leaves and garlic. Delicious, right?
To make this bruschetta pasta, you’ll need to start with cooking the pasta. For this recipe, I’ve opted for spaghetti, but feel free to use your favorite. Cook it in plenty of water seasoned with a pinch of salt. Once it’s cooked, drain excess water and set aside. Depending on the type of pasta you’ll be using in this recipe, cooking times may vary. Don’t forget to check the instructions on the package.
Next up, the beautiful pasta sauce. While the pasta is cooking on the stove, you can start making this bruschetta inspired sauce. Start with sautéing some onions until they are soft and translucent. Then fry up some garlic. Add in cherry tomatoes and basil leaves. Give this a quick stir, and wait until the tomatoes become soft and start to break down. Don’t forget to give it a stir every now and then.
Now toss the bruschetta pasta in this beautiful sauce. Sprinkle with plenty of parmesan. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a spice kick. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss again. Allow the pasta to heat through and melt the cheese.
When done, sprinkle with plenty of chopped basil leaves. And there you go. Beautifully delicious bruschetta pasta for your next dinner.
More pasta recipes:
- 500 g spaghetti (or your favorite pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- A pinch of red pepper flakes (red chili flakes ), (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Season with salt.
- Add pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. Drain excess water. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, and sauté, stirring, for a minute or until fragrant.Add cherry tomatoes and chopped basil leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until tomatoes start to break down.
- Stir in pasta. Add parmesan and red pepper flakes (if using). Season with salt and pepper. Toss. Heat through.
- Garnish with more basil leaves if you like.
Amount Per Serving Calories 294Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 11mgSodium 309mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 11g